This is how the olives grow.
Pressing olives the traditional way, filmed in a Druze village.
Pressing olives the modern way, filmed in Tuscany.
Health Nutrition Benefits of Olives and Olive Oil
* The mono-saturated fats present in olives/olive oil, when combined with the antioxidant protection offered by vitamin E, lower the risk of damage and inflammation.
* Olive/olive oil contains active phytonutrient compounds, including polyphenols and flavonoids, which have been found to have significant anti-inflammatory properties.
* The vitamin E present in olives/olive oil has been known to offer cellular protection against free radicals present in the body.
* Olives/olive oil prevents the oxidation of cholesterol in the body and thus, helps reduce the risk of having heart attack or stroke.
* Since they help the body in neutralizing free radicals, the nutrients in olives/olive oil also lead to prevention of colon cancer.
* Olives/olive oil are said to be effective in reducing the frequency and/or intensity of hot flashes in women, who are going through menopause.
* Regular consumption of olive oil has been associated with decrease in systolic (maximum) as well as diastolic (minimum) blood pressure.
* Those who consume olives/olive oil are at a lesser risk of developing diabetes at later stages in life.
* Good quality olive/olive oil contains a natural chemical that acts like a painkiller.
This information about the benefits from olives and olive oil comes from http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/